Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My work bench is my Mothers desk!

Amongst the thousands of my childhood memories, I have one of my mothers desk. It would usually go something like this...." Mom, I need to turn in the permission slip today, do you have it?"................."Yep, it is on my desk." And then I would have a minor attack of terets, and develop a twitch, because I feared that we would not be able to locate the exact paper I needed.

I have posted a picture of a messy desk that I googled. Not exactly like my moms, but it gives you the idea.


And now my kids ask me "Dad, where is the spare part to my such and such a toy?"..........."On my work bench." And then my kids develop a twitch, and roll up there sleeves, and pack a lunch, because they know it will take all day to find the one item they need on my work bench.





I didn't really see that coming. It kinda snuck up on me. By nature, I love things clean and organized! But somewhere along the way, life got busy. But I don't apolagize for choosing to do activities with my family, and delaying the task of cleaning the garage. And I am so glad my mom chose to do so many millions of things for her family instead of cleaning her desk.


Back then I thought a messy desk meant that you couldn't clean. But now I know that a messy desk means that your family is a higher priority! I love you mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment