Here is a tail of two brothers..........
On Sunday I was in the kitchen making a sweet potato/apple dish for Easter dinner. As I was taking the peels off the apples my two boys were racing to gobble them up. As Gabe grabbed one to inhale it, it got stuck in his throat. At first he was making a lot of noise choking and coughing. Then he started to turn dark purple and the noise changed. Before I got around the counter to him, Sage who was sitting right next to Gabe jumped up and did the Heimlick on him with two good thrusts. Gabe then reach his hand in ,up to his knuckles and pulled the peel out of his throat. This all happened in just a few seconds. When Gabe got his breath again,we asked if Sage had helped him. He said"yeah, he punched me in the stomach, and I felt the peel come out to where I could grab it." We then told Gabe his brother didn't punch him it was the Heimlick.
PART 2
On Tuesday after the choking, I was driving my boys to school and quietly listening to them talk, hears what I heard: Gabe" did you tell Austen, about you helping me when I was chocking?" Sage" yeah, he said I should call the paper so I could get awards" Gabe" Are you going to?" Sage" NO Gabe, I told him I already have my award I still have you." Gabe got quit for a moment. Gabe " Thanks Sage I love you to." Sage " That's alright , I love you to"
I love my BOYS! It was all I could do to swallow my tears, so as they got out at school I wasn't boobing.
Wow Julie! This is so neat! I am so glad your kids have a special bond. Give yourself and Greg a pat on the back for teaching your kids what really matters!
ReplyDelete